The Texas Premier Soccer League (TPSL) is a professionally run soccer program for men. The season typically runs from September to March. A league tournament, the Texas Cup, is held at the mid-season winter break or after league playoffs are complete.
Opportunity to qualify for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup will also be available to teams, however, to participate for the national trophy, the club need to be part of the TPSL at the year of qualifying.
The original Texas Premier Soccer League was formed in 1997 and lasted 10 years. In 2013, the league was brought back by Brendan Keyes, a former pro player and current head coach of the Houston Hurricanes FC.
TPSL offers clubs and fans alike everything that make football great:
- Players to compete and advance to the highest levels of the sport
- League schedule similar to the FIFA calendar
- Championship playoff tournament
- Texas Cup competition
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open qualification opportunity through league affiliation with US Club Soccer
This highly competitive league helps all the teams gain access to elite players to fill their team roster. All current NCAA and NAIA players are able to play soccer at an elite level and still maintain their eligibility, while incoming collegiate players can impress college scouts and coaches alike.
TPSL is sanctioned by US Club Soccer, an affiliate of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). The TPSL operates and is managed as a team-run league. Each team is owned and operated individually with every club responsible for maintaining league minimum standards and for raising its own operating revenue.
Goals of the TPSL:
- Provide the highest level of men’s soccer
- Strive to continuously raise the standard of play
- Pursue every avenue of promotion, advertising and community involvement to create public awareness and interest in the TPSL
- Ensure that all teams enter the league with and maintain financial stability
- Provide professional front office staff to help implement and raise on and off field standards
Texas Premier Soccer League is sponsored by Holiday Inn Resort, Kaizan, 24-Hour Fitness and Keyes Sports Management.